- The mission and guiding principles of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Understanding DofE levels, sections, timescales and the development of DofE programmes
- The DofE structure and how it supports you
- The key roles of DofE Leaders
- How to ensure that the programme is based around the needs of the young people
- Information on the range of resources available to help you
- Good practice in the delivery of DofE programmes.
The Introduction to the DofE training course will provide you with the information needed to be a DofE Leader and run DofE programmes within a centre. It will put the learning from e-induction into context in a practical way.
It is suitable for new DofE Leaders as well as existing Leaders who want to improve their DofE knowledge.
- Increases your confidence in how to deliver quality DofE programmes to young people
- Nationally recognised certificate
- Increases your knowledge of the DofE
- Offers the opportunity to network with other Leaders
- Fun and interactive
Before attending the course all delegates must have completed the online e-induction module which is available free at www.DofEtraining.org and provide it prior to the course beginning.
Delivery: This course is delivered over 2 evenings based at Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge.
Well delivered and enjoyable. I would like to see this compulsory for all secondary school pupils.
Please contact us for forthcoming available courses
Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge
Booking Form: Download